front brake lockup

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 05:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry front brake lockup

Hey guys,
[Used to be bubblehead, but changed my name]

For some strange reason my front driver side brake seems to lock up after driving for about an hour or so. It doesn't lock up really, just grabbes and I feel that annoying drag for miles and then that burnt brake smell occurs. When I leave it cool down, it goes back to normal. Checked the brakes and caliper and it seems ok. Sprayed some brake cleaner on the areas just to be safe, but I feel it grabbing again. Someone mentioned a sensor module located on the master cylinder, but I have no clue. Need to get this fixed soon because we transfer in a few weeks. Only have 35K on the truck. Could this problem be caused by warped rotors? They don't look warped, but then again it is hard to tell just by looking at them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-18-2002, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have a sticking caliper. I would take out the caliper slide pins, make sure there are no burrs on them. get the specific caliper pin synthetic slide grease and lube them up. Then reinstall them. If that does not work, then replace the caliper.

Quick Reply: front brake lockup