Yokohama?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yokohama?

The Geolander AT+II seems to get a good consumer review on the Tire Rack...anyone have/had these? How are they?

Old 01-28-2002, 06:02 PM
I only have 5,000 miles on mine so I don't know how well they'll wear but everything so far has been very nice.

They have amazing wet traction and will not hydroplane like the General's and Firestone's I had on before.

In the snow I havn't had any problems either. They have pulled me out of places without spinning when I was certain I wasn't going to move at all. Stopping distance on packed snow is down considerably from my previous tires as well.

The only drawback is that they are very,very loud tires even for an A/T. You'll always hear them, and when you turn sharply at high speed they make a loud swooshing sound.

For the price, performance and aggressive thread design: They are amazing tires.

Old 01-30-2002, 07:00 AM
Hello,
I put these on a couple of weeks ago. It was a choice between BFG's which I love (But cost too much right now in a 285) and these. They work great. I can dig some real mud with them now. Yes, they have some ride noise to them but I didn't think any worse than the BFG AT. I have had them in all driving conditions so far and they perform well, as good as the BFG's did, except the Yoko's are better in the mud it seams. The tire rides stiff like the BFG over tough roads, but has a little more side give in turns(not much but some).

Just my 2 cents

Old 01-30-2002, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the replies. Anyone drive these in a good amount of snow?

Old 01-30-2002, 06:07 PM
Still waiting for our dumping here. But only through 6" so far. Can't wait for a foot or 2 on the ground :-)

Quick Reply: Yokohama?