Discontinued my tires, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discontinued my tires, now what?

Hi all. Long time member, first time poster here. I have a 2006 F150 xlt 4x4 running Goodyear silent armor 275/70/r17 on stock rims and stock suspension. So far I have 65000 miles on these tires and not much tread left. I had every intention on buying the same tires but unfortunately they have been replaced with goodyear a/t adventure and do not make a 275. I am not sure if I should save some money and get the 265s or go with 285s (chance of rubbing?). I like the look of the 275 but it seems to be an oddball size and not many brands make that size in a 17" rim. BFG AT are an option I guess but I get mixed reviews on tread life. Basically I am looking for a long lasting tire in a size that doesnt look wimpy. Anyone got pics running 265s on stock 17" rims? Thanks. And no I dont plan on getting a leveling kit.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:34 PM
I ran that size on my Tacoma but I had the Goodyear MT. Great tire for my needs but it sounds like it would be a little aggressive for you. You are right that there are not a lot of tires in that size but another option in that size is the Hankook Dynapro AT. Great reviews from some friends that have them and they are a hit in the Tacoma community. I am looking at them myself when it comes time to replace my tires.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Hey thanks for the reply! Funny, I was just looking at the dynapros. Reviews are great and price is good too. Thinking about going with the 265s since they are much cheaper and more common.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:28 PM
That is what I would do if I was in your shoes. Not a lot of difference between the 2 sizes and a lot more choices with 265.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:13 AM
Former Sponsor
I would recommend the 265/70/17 tire size for you and it will be suitable for your factory wheel.

I have the Hankook Dynapro in stock and so far, feedback has been favorable.

265/70/17 Hankook Dynapro

Another very nice highway all season tire to consider is the new Bridestone Dueler HL Alenza Plus. A few more dollars than the Hankook but I think the ride quality and wet weather traction will be significantly better. The HL Alenza Plus is the second generation tire to the recently discontinued Bridgestone Dueler HL Alenza, which rode at the top of our survey for a very long time.

265/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler HL Alenza Plus

Quick Reply: Discontinued my tires, now what?