Go Back   F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > Wheels, Tires & Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Wheels, Tires & Brakes

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 08-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2001 Ford F150
Cooper vs. Hankook

Im looking at getting the Cooper Discoverer ATR or the Hankook Dynapro ATM. Im looking for a all terrain that will hold up on the highway and still has good light off road performance. Anybody ran either of these tires? Thanks for the input

2001 5.4 Lariat Super Crew[/B]
1.5 Daystar Leveling Kit
12" SI/SO Dynomax Bullet, 3inch pipe, 3.5" Tip
Falken Rocky Mountian ATS
"Gotts Mod"
Old 08-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1999 ford f150
Send a message via AIM to abervintageman4
both are good tires, you might wanna also look into kumho road ventures and falkens new all terrain the rocky mountain, id go with the hankook out of those

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMX928 View Post
ok dclovin
Old 08-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2008 Ford F150 fx4
Out of the 2 you picked i would go with hankook. i have cooper atrs on my old jeep and my wifes jeep. I really don't think they are a good all-terrain more of a road tire. Never had them in the mud to test them out. Maybe look at cooper discovery s/t. It is a very nice all-terrain.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:37 PM
2010 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2010 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to F-amous150 Send a message via Yahoo to F-amous150
Dont know the exact tread you speak of but I have coopers on my truck and had them on my car and have loved both sets. Go Cooper!

2010 FORD F-150 FX2
August 2010 Truck of the Month on f150forum.com
Thanks to Screen-fx.net for the signature
MY TRUCK BUILD
Old 08-03-2010, 02:44 PM
2002 Ford Explorer
My Garage

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F150
I recently put the Hankook Dynapro ATMs on my wife's explorer right before we drove it to yellowstone and back. The tires seem very quiet for such an agressive tread design. We also hit some mountain dirt roads, (some of which had turned to mud). The tires performed great and seemed to clear the mud just fine. We never felt like we weren't in control. For the price, I am very pleased. Hope this helps.

Edit: I bought the tires from a friend that runs a local tire shop. He did tell me that these tires require consistent tire rotations, or they will quickly become choppy. I have rotated mine once so far and they are still perfect.

Last edited by ford norseman; 08-03-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
I would have to say the Hankook ATM's, there alot of guys running them in the oil fields who put alot of miles on them and there holding up well.

"Trees are for Traction, NOT Hugging"
Old 08-03-2010, 09:02 PM
2002 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2002 FORD F-150
FYI I've had the Cooper Discover s/t's b4 I got my BFG's last year. Although a great all-terrain tire when they get 50% worn they get loud and I mean LOUD!! That is why I went w/ the BFG's allthough pricey. If I had to do it over again I would go w/ the General Grabber at2's.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:02 PM