Tire Pressure Sensor fault

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Pressure Sensor fault

Hi,
I am new to this site (first post) I just upgraded rims and tires on my 2007 F-150. I bought them through Tire Rack and paid for the TPMS sensors. After driving for 15 minutes a "Tire Pressure Monitor Fault" shows up on the display. It goes away after you recycle the key,but returns 15 or so minutes later.
Tire Rack says there is a reset proceedure in the manual. I can't find it. My Ford dealer says they can do a re-learn proceedure for $90. Any advise?

Chris

Last edited by 05GixxerPilot; 07-14-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only one who can program for new sensors is Ford. If you had move the sensors from the old rims, there would not have been a problem.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks, I did a search on TPMS after I posted this message and unfortunately came to that concluusion

Old 07-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Can't you use one of the fobs that Ford provided (for a while they did) with new 2008 F150's? I've got one, but haven't had a need to give it a try.

Here are the instructions, http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/51...sors-tpms.html

Sensor Training (Reset Procedure)

NOTE: The tire pressure monitoring system is not affected by wheel and tire rotation.

NOTE: The tire pressure sensor training procedure must be done on a single vehicle, in an area without radio frequency (RF) noise.

RF noise is generated by electrical motor and appliance operation, cellular telephones and remote transmitters, power inverters and portable entertainment equipment.

1.Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
2.Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position three times, ending in the RUN position. Do not wait more than one minute between each key cycle.
3.Press and release the brake pedal.
4.Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
5.Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position three times, ending in the RUN position. Do not wait more than one minute between each key cycle.

6.The horn will sound once and the TPMS indicator will flash if train mode has been entered successfully. If equipped, the message center displays "TRAIN LF TIRE", place the magnet on the valve stem of the LF tire pressure sensor. The horn will sound briefly to indicate that the tire pressure sensor has been recognized by the TPMS module.
7.Within two minutes after the horn sounds, place the magnet on the valve stem of the RF tire pressure sensor.
NOTE: If the VSM (TPMS module integral to VSM) does not recognize any one of the four tire pressure sensors during the tire training procedure, the horn will sound twice and the message center (if equipped) will display "TIRE NOT TRAINED REPEAT" and the procedure must be repeated.

8.Repeat Step 7 for the RR and LR tires.
When the tire training procedure is complete, the horn will sound once and the message center (if equipped) will display "TIRE TRAINING MODE COMPLETE".

I believe you will actually need to place the strong magnet directly over the sensor. As in on the tire tread. The band mounted sensors are located 180 degrees from the valve stem.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Welcome to the site! Lots of info around here!
Why didn't you just move your factory sensor to your new rims?
I understand Tirerack is in this to make money but they should have told you your original TPMS equipment is transferable to the new rims!
What kind of rims did you get...PICS!

Last edited by Shane1; 07-14-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Sensor fault