Brake fluid runs out????

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake fluid runs out????

I'm stumped, I have a abs light on, and I went to put my driveshaft on yesterday..well it had tranny fluid...but the brakes went to the floor. so I checked, and I it was dry.

filled it too the top, when new fluid..and today it's dry again. Any clues yet?

It was acting up..like something on the driver wheel, and the peddle would hang a little low after I let off, so I pulled it back up with my foot.

Any ideas? I'm trying to find out the problem, so I can get a mustang with 130k less on it, lol.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:10 PM
You need to look for obvious signs of leakage under the vehicle and wherever the brake lines run. Also look closely on the inside of the wheels.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Thats a lot of fluid... so you should be able to see it on the ground under the truck.

If you don't see it - take the master cylinder off and check in the booster. Depending on how hard you pulled back on the pedal, you could have damaged something and the fluid could be leaking back into the booster.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:46 PM
I just pulled gently, it's drooped like a inch.

But I was going to look under there today, but it's raining again. so hopefully it quits tomorrow and then I can pull more fluid in it and find the leak!

How much is a master cylinder or a booster?

Quick Reply: Brake fluid runs out????