Polished or Black?? Winter Carnage.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polished or Black?? Winter Carnage.

I have a red '04 SuperCrew. I am planning on getting some new wheels and I don't know what to do. I live in Iowa and every winter they put so much crap on the roads it just trashes wheels. I have had chrome wheels on other vehicles and even though I clean and protect them all the time I still had problems with them. I thought that going with a black wheel would solve my problem. Does anyone suggest a wheel that is polished that wouldn't have problems with all the winter crap that they put on the roads??

Old 12-25-2006, 10:19 PM
You could try Teflon coated wheels. www.tomzwheels.com has some.

Mike

Old 12-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by josho66
I have a red '04 SuperCrew. I am planning on getting some new wheels and I don't know what to do. I live in Iowa and every winter they put so much crap on the roads it just trashes wheels. I have had chrome wheels on other vehicles and even though I clean and protect them all the time I still had problems with them. I thought that going with a black wheel would solve my problem. Does anyone suggest a wheel that is polished that wouldn't have problems with all the winter crap that they put on the roads??
If you can get a wheel that is clear coated that would be your best bet. I went with blk wheels for that same reason.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:55 AM
I think I am just going to end up getting the black wheels. I don't want to run different wheels in the summer and then go back to stock in the winter. I don't want to hassle with polished or chrome. I think I am going to do the Teflon coated black American Racing wheels.

Old 12-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Thats your best bet.

Quick Reply: Polished or Black?? Winter Carnage.