what size are these rims?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what size are these rims?

I was driving past a Ford dealer and saw this truck and was just wondering if anyone can tell by looking at this pic, what size are those rims? I think I know what kind of rims and tires they are. Also who makes those exhaust tips? I wanna make my truck look this badass some day.

Thanks for any help

Old 12-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Pretty sure those are 20s.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:27 PM
agreed, looks like 20s with a 55 sidewall Nitto's

Old 12-22-2006, 08:35 PM
20" moto metal 951's same setup im getting in the spring.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the help guys, any idea who makes those exhaust tips?

Old 12-23-2006, 01:27 AM
The tips..... Several companies make them. Look up exhaust tips at Summit Racing's site. Lots in there.

I think I could possibly take some credit for the craze that happened over those tips in the late 90's.

I had a Chevy show truck I was building back in 93. I couldn't figure out what to do with the exhaust. The truck was really low to the ground and nothing I could come up with looked right. I was behind a new Z28 one day and thought "Boy, those are perfect!". A buddy of mine had put a new exhaust on his Z and used chrome megaphones, no idea why, it looked ugly as sin! Anyway, I bought his tips for $20, had them polished, finally finished my exhaust, and put it in it's first real show, a very big show down in the big D (Dallas).

Those tips cause quite a stir at the show. I was really surprised at the attention they got, but they looked DAMN good under that roll-pan. Plus, not many people even knew what they were, that was the new Camaro's first year. Several different magazines were there covering the show and they all stopped by to check out what the fuss was about. They took lots of pics of my Z28 tips and my truck's a$$ end. Those pics made several different car and truck issues over the next month or two. Then everybody wanted these tips (they looked cool and they were DIFFERENT!) and there wasn't ANY exhaust company who made them. The ONLY way to get them was at the Chevy dealer or off a Camaro.

Within a few weeks of those magazines hitting the shelves, people who owned the new Camaros were finding that someone had sawed off their tips while they were buying groceries because the dealers couldn't keep them on the shelves. It was the big thing of the time. Today, they are all over the place, and there are several companies making them. There are 3 trucks within a block of my house that have those tips. Every time I see them on the back of a truck, I smile.

Old 12-23-2006, 06:08 PM
hey thanks for all your help, and the history lesson i knew you older guys were good for sumthin!

Quick Reply: what size are these rims?