Need some help finding good 31 x 10.50-15's

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 02:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help finding good 31 x 10.50-15's

I am looking to put new tires on my 95 F150, standard cab 2WD. I don't know much about tires, so I asked the sales rep at discount tire what the biggest size was I could get on my truck without them rubbing. He thought I am looking to put new tires on my 95 F150, standard cab 2WD. I don't know much about tires, so I asked the sales rep at discount tire what the biggest size was I could get on my truck without them rubbing. He thought 31 x 10.50-15 would be a good fit without being too big.

I want big tires to get additional ground clearance and longer tire life. I live in Michigan so the roads get pretty nasty in the winter. This truck hardly ever sees offroad use, so I think it would be best to put on a set of all seasons with a square or diamond like tread pattern for the best traction on wet or snowy roads.

I'm just looking for suggestions on a good brand/model to go with. I'm looking to spend around 400-500. I'm also looking for any advice or info about the best size, tread pattern, or anything else important about choosing tires. I really don't know anything more about tires than that they're made of rubberwould be a good fit without being too big.

I want big tires to get additional ground clearance and longer tire life. I live in Michigan so the roads get pretty nasty in the winter. This truck hardly ever sees offroad use, so I think it would be best to put on a set of all seasons with a square or diamond like tread pattern for the best traction on wet or snowy roads.

I'm just looking for suggestions on a good brand/model to go with. I'm looking to spend around 400-500. I'm also looking for any advice or info about the best size, tread pattern, or anything else important about choosing tires. I really don't know anything more about tires than that they're made of rubber

Old 12-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the site. I would suggest the BFG AT KO, Nitto Terra Grappler, Toyo Open COuntry AT or the Bridgestone Dueler AT's. Remember, with tires you tend to get what you pay for.

Old 12-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the reply, wandell. I really like the look of the BF Goodrich A/T KO's, but wonder about their preformance on Highway around 80mph. Would they hold up to their life rating under driving like this? I tend to drive normally on normal roads, don't take corners fast, but when I hit the freeway I put the pedal to the floor.

I have also heard really good things about the Kumho Road Venture AT KL, either the model 41 or 78. But they are alot cheaper, and I really want quality. Anyone out there with Kumho's?

Old 12-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've made several long trips on the freeway with the cruise set at 80mph and have never had a problem. I currently have about 55,000 miles on my BFG's and am beginning to wonder if they will ever wear out.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:59 PM
I really liked the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor's I put on my 2wd Ram.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:25 PM
My dad got about 55,000 miles out of his BFG KOs. And these were on a 9,000 pound diesel Excursion with which we often towed en enclosed trailer at highway speeds up to 85 mph. These tires are pretty tough.

Quick Reply: Need some help finding good 31 x 10.50-15's