Compatable tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 07:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compatable tires

I am using Goodyear P255/70R16 RTS tires currently. I understand this is a "midrange" performance tire? I use it mostly road, highway driving. What's compatable to this or a better tire and where's good place to get a deal on this. Anybody a fan of on-line ordering? The shipping seems to kill you!
Jeano

Old 12-12-2005, 07:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Wrangler RTS is a pretty bad tire. Most of the owners I've talked with complain mainly about how poorly they perform on wet highways. I'd suggest a quality all terrian tire such as the BFG AT KO, Toyo Open Country AT, Nitto Terra Grappler or Bridgestone Dueler.

Old 12-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Since you are mostly on the highway, I would say get some REVO's if you want an aggressive tire.

Get some Michelin LTX's if you want a tire that'll last you a long time and handle well on the road.

As for on-line ordering, I dont know how much you actually save with it. If you can find the tires locally, it'd probably be just as cheap. You save money initially when you buy online, but once you add in shipping, and then you still have to get them installed, it will probably be pretty close.
Oh, and some places will price match an online store's price, if you can pull that off you would save a good bit of $$$

Last edited by Johngs; 12-12-2005 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:29 AM
compatable tires

Thanks for the replys guys. I thought the Goodyear tires were better than that. I appreciate the info. I'll use your advise. So I should take my on-line price and go to a Walmart or similar? Has anyone bought tires at Wally? Do they do pretty good?
Jeano

Old 12-13-2005, 08:42 PM
GoodYear makes good tires, the RTS just sucks

The ATS are ok and the MTR are about the best mud terrains out there (at least, thats the impression I get :P )

As for buying at WallyWorld, just dont get the "strange" models. They carry major names, but they sometimes get these models that are basically made specifically for WalMart...usually not as good as the mainstream tires. I bought my tires at Sams Club, and I think I got a pretty good deal on em, $146 each, plus $9 per tire for mounting and balancing...

Last edited by Johngs; 12-13-2005 at 08:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Compatable tires