Need help with Snow chains for 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with Snow chains for 2wd

To anyone that can help,

I live in Texas were it is hot and dry all the time...but I do like to ski alot. I am looking for some chains, cables, or whatever is the best and easiest to install. I have 20in. Roush wheels with 255/75 tires..My only past experience was with cables on my old chevy blazer...They took me about 30 minutes to put on and flopped around like crazy (tight as I could get them) tearing up my fender. I have seen the Flex-Trax GoClaws on the internet www.flextrax.com...and they appear to work well, but that's their website and I can't find anyother reviews....Help please

Also I don't really want to change tires for this one trip to Colorado

Old 12-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't use chains. I had them on a car in OKC for the snow and ice storms. The ride beats you up and they are noisy as heck. It felt like it was gonna shake every nut and bolt loose from the car. I'd go with a strap like the one you listed for a better and quieter ride.

I don't know what part of Texas you're from but Dallas winters are alot like OKC winters. If I were to ever move back to Oklahoma I would buy studded snow tires for my vehicles if they are legal there. Those winters were brutal.

Quick Reply: Need help with Snow chains for 2wd