This seems odd

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question This seems odd

In June I replaced my front rotors and pads with cross drilled rotors and ceramic pads on my 97 Sexpedition, and bled the fluid. Since then, it seems to stop ok, but what is weird is that I don't have any brake dust on my right front wheel, whereas I have what seems a typical amt on the left front wheel. So, when I go to wash my truck, it has one dirty front wheel. Last night I did a quick check and I jacked up the front and spun the tires while I had my daughter step on the brake. Both wheels stopped. So, both brakes are working... so, huh, what do you smarter than me brake people think? Anything to worry about?

Tom

Old 10-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have4 ceramics on my 2001 F150 and my son's sportrack ther is 0 brake dust on either one. Did you're pads come in a sealed box? were they in shrink wrap and sealed? I am wondering if someone was comparing the pads in the store and mixed them up the ceramics I have looked no differant than any other pad I ever touched.
Second thaught could you have a brake draging? did you clean and lubricate the antirattle clips and caliper slides??

Old 10-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm.... dragging brake. It sure doesn't Feel like it, but.... maybe. And no, I didn't lubricate the slides. I suppose taking the wheels off and really getting a good look is in order....

Quick Reply: This seems odd