Wranglers or Grapplers

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wranglers or Grapplers

I'm beginning to do a little research for some new tires on my '99 ext. cab.I'm currently running Wrangler AT/S but I wanted to see what other options I had. I had my mind set on some Revo's but the better half thought they were a little pricey. Another set of Wrangler AT's or Nitto Grapplers seem to be my next easiest choices locally. If I'm look at spending virtually the same amount for both sets which direction should I go? Is there another better bang for my buck option I should look into?

Old 09-24-2005, 01:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cosmo31
I'm beginning to do a little research for some new tires on my '99 ext. cab.I'm currently running Wrangler AT/S but I wanted to see what other options I had. I had my mind set on some Revo's but the better half thought they were a little pricey. Another set of Wrangler AT's or Nitto Grapplers seem to be my next easiest choices locally. If I'm look at spending virtually the same amount for both sets which direction should I go? Is there another better bang for my buck option I should look into?
I am guessing you're talking about the Terra grapplers as you're looking at AT's.

Old 09-24-2005, 09:37 AM
Anything but "good-for-a-year" wranglers. I have grapplers and love them. the wranglers seem to loose their grip and handling after a year. Seems like the rubber hardens. My first choice in any tire replacement is "Michelin" but it depends on what you are looking for.

Old 09-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Wrangler AT/S is a good tire. It's the only good all terrian tire Goodyear makes. The Nitto Terra Grapplers are much better though, as are the Revo's.

Old 09-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the the input. What about the Nitto Terra Grapplers vs. Toyo Open Country AT's?

Old 09-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Toyos and Nitto's are almost identical in appearance and performace. I've read they are even made in the same factory.

Quick Reply: Wranglers or Grapplers