Slotted or slotted/drilled

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Slotted or slotted/drilled

I have a 01 F-150 Supercrew. After the mods I have done, plus pulling a waverunner, I seem to always be glazing my brakes. I want to go to drilled/slotted rotors but I am getting alot of different input. Drilled rotors crack and slotted eat pads. Any input would be greatly appreciated along with where to purchase a good set.

Thanks;
Chris

Old 04-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Several years ago I had some drilled/slotted rotors that did develope hairline cracks around the holes after about a year, these were purchased from some brake outfit that claimed they took Auto-Specialty rotors and had them CNC drilled/slotted.
After sh&t-canning those, I bought Raybestos "Brutestop" (factory drilled/slotted), they have been on my truck for almost 2 years now without any problems of cracking. Here's info on them:

http://www.raybestos.com/usa/rotors.htm

I can't remember exactly who I bought them from, I did a search on the internet and ended up buying them from the cheapest source.

Old 04-18-2005, 02:33 AM
dont waste your time with the cross-drilled go with slotted rotors. I am rolling on 24z and recently upgraded to a BIG Brake Upgrade kit from StopTECH brakes.

Old 04-18-2005, 07:46 AM
check em out

rotorpros.com

let me know what you think, Thanks

Old 04-18-2005, 01:30 PM
I like cross-drilled, have never had a problem but I buy quality stuff. First set was AP, ruined because of a stuck caliper. My current set is from Quickstop. I always run Hawk HPS pads.

Just get a quality rotor - no matter what type - and you'll be OK.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:01 PM
rotors

Iam interested in buying rotors but don't know which kind, I have a 04 fx4 and want to tow a trailer.
The pads you have, do they dust much? Are they ceramic or asbestos or what? Thanks where did you get them and how much? Thanks

Old 04-19-2005, 01:11 PM
I've had good luck with these guys:
http://www.brakeco.com/

Just a bunch of ex-racers. Fast shipping, good prices and very patient and knowledgable.

Hawk HPS are semi-metallics, they will dust your wheels a bit. But they have great pedal feel and stopping power.

I think I paid around $100 per rotor (Quickstop). The APs I ruined were too pricey (around $400 or so for both) to replace.

Pads are like $60 or so.

If you want low/no dust I think you need to go with a ceramic.

Quick Reply: Slotted or slotted/drilled