warranty replacement (attempt)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
warranty replacement (attempt)

Well I finally replaced the OEM BFG-- GOOD RIDDANCE There was about 1/4" of tread left with 17,200mi on the OD. I was going over Vail Pass in wet conditions and these things may as well of been slicks! Stopped in Frisco @ BIG O Tire and put a new set of Goodyear AT/S's on (stock size). I really wanted to up size, but in the end I chickened out because of the warranty issues.
For anybody with on '04 f-150 4x4 with the BFG's, Ford sent out a letter a month or so ago saying there was a problem with premature tire wear. So I called the dealership and told them about it and apparently I am the first to call them on it (and this is truck country ). Well any way after the dealership did their research they said to go in monday and they will check out the tires and possibly there may be some sort of adjustment (I kept the old tires). I won't hold my breath, and I'll keep posting the progress.
By the way, the Goodyears seem to have pretty stiff sidwalls and squishy treads.

Wish me luck

Old 04-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Luck

Old 04-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Warrenty

I got the same letter about tire warrenty, except my OEM tires are the generals. I just got rims and am waiting for some NItto Terra Graplers to replace my Generals with. I have about 10,000 on my tires but they still look almost new. (I am running about 60psi in them) am upgrading to an AT tire and moving from the 245/70-17 to 295/70-17 to get a little better off road traction, clerance, and milage on the highway)

Let me know what they say about the warrenty.

Quick Reply: warranty replacement (attempt)