New brakes for 02 Supercrew?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New brakes for 02 Supercrew?

My pedal is getting spongier...and last check my brakes were at half life....

besides stock motorcraft brakes and roters....what does anyone recommend that works very well....

looking to replace rotors and pads..

Old 04-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I run Hawk HPS pads, the have great pedal feel and stopping ability. They are not dust-free, though.

I also run Quickstop cross-drilled rotors. You'll get a lot of differing opinions about cross-drilled rotors. I've never had a problem with them, but I don't buy cheesy stuff either.

Stick to name-brand, high quality brake parts whatever you do, IMHO. EBC makes good pads and rotors from what I've read; had them on a motrcycle and they were great. Brembo makes some reasonably proced solid rotors, you can get them from the Tire Rack for cheap.

Old 04-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have installed ceramic pads from advance auto on both my son's sporttrack and on my 2001 supercrew, I feel that both had a superior pedal feel and braking. My son who just drives and puts gas in felt the brakes stoped better. On my supercrew I also installed a new set of motorcraft rotors as the old ones had seen better days. I am very happy with this setup on this heavy truck. And not realy that expensive rotors and pads under $200 If you get a year or two of good service I'll replace them again.

Quick Reply: New brakes for 02 Supercrew?