Anybody heard of this happening???

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody heard of this happening???

I am very upset and pi$$ed off!
I just got back from Wally World, went into the house and sat down at the puter. Started talking to the wife and then I heard it. POW! HISSSSSSS! It sounded like an air line blew off of an air compressor coming from the front of my house. I went outside and lo & behold what did I see???
My right front tire with about 3 inches of bead sticking out from the rim! Like it just blew the bead out enough to lose air! WTF!!! No, no pieces of rubber missing, its like it just...........POPPED OUT! Upon putting the spare on, I guess it finished airing down and the bead popped back into the rim with a "thunk". I looked at the sidewall after I was done and there is a very slight bulge there right over the area that popped out. So it's back to the dealer Monday morning. I've only had the truck a month. These are new tires the dealer put on before putting the truck out for sale.
I'm so mad right now........but at least it happened in my driveway.
Has anybody else heard of something like this happening to a tire?

Old 03-26-2005, 08:51 PM
While the situation sucks, I would not be so quick to be mad at the dealer...it sounds like there was a problem with the tire that could not be detected.

They should fix it though, since it was not due to neglect.

I suppose it is possible someone installed the tires improperly, but I would think if that was the case you would have had problems before now.

Old 03-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Oh, no......I'm not mad at the dealer, not at all...I'm mad because it happened! The only way that I would be mad at the dealer is if they give me the runaround and try to screw me over which I am confident that won't happen. They are one of the better dealers in this area, well recommended by a lot of knowledgeable people I know.
I think the tire has a defect. and it took a month of driving around for it to appear.
But the way it happened was just..........weird!

Old 03-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Okay, here's what happened today. I took the truck in this morning to have the tire replaced. The service advisor said the tire guy would look at it and for me to call back in a few hours after the dealer shuttle took me to work. So I called back and I was told that it was bead damage from driving into curbs and what-not, and they would split the cost with me. They said it was a $200 dollar tire. Okay, right then I was spinning I was so mad. I have had the truck 4 weeks and I have not driven into any curbs or anything else. I was also told I could take it up with Falken if I so desire. I was at this point, flaming. I said I would have to make a few calls. I hung up and called the dealer back and asked to speak to the sales manager/supervisor. When I talked to him I explained that I felt I was being screwed over, that I wasn't some kid that drives by braille, And if I did do something like that, I'm the kind of person that would say I did. He told me to let him look into it and call back in a about an hour. Well I called back and talked to the salesman that sold me the truck and he told me that the big guy was going to take care of me. I had a friend from work give me a ride to the dealer after work and the truck was done, NEW TIRE!
I didn't even have to take any paperwork to the cashier. They brought my truck up to the front and said here ya go!
I guess it's just the dealer mentality that they have to find fault with something without knowing all the details.
I honestly did not drive into any curbs or anything. The tire just blew!
Anyway, all is well now, but we shouldn't have to go through crap like that when we pay so much for our trucks.

Old 03-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reloader - I am glad for you. I had several experiences with tires lately and made sure that I was given the proper respect as a consumer, whom by the way has spent much money at their particular business.

Old 03-29-2005, 10:42 AM
That's a nice profit on those tires for $200.
www.vulcantire.com/stz01_t.htm

My Sales Manager sounds similar:

Quick Reply: Anybody heard of this happening???