BFGoodrich MT T/A KM vs. Goodyear Wrangler MT/R

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy BFGoodrich MT T/A KM vs. Goodyear Wrangler MT/R

I need serious help! I've read many, many, reviews on both tires from places like tirerack.com, and I can't decide. Both tires are about the same. Some people say that the Goodyear is the best tire ever and it does out perform the Goodrich on the Customer comparison, but others say it sucks and the BFGoodrich is better.

I do more on-road driving than off- road, so that would lean me to the Goodyear right?, but when i do go off- road, i go in some serious mud. They say(SOME SAY) that the Goodyear is better in Rocky areas than mud, and i don't go in very rocky areas a lot. The BFGoodrich sucks on the road but is better in the mud, and yet the Goodyear is pretty bad a** in the mud according to some people. SO I NEED YOUR OPINIONS. WHICH TIRE IS BETTER???

Old 03-20-2005, 08:15 PM
I went with the bfg mud terrain. I got the 35/12.5/17 and i love everything about them. They pull so hard in mud that i can go places in 2 wheel drive that would take 4 wheel drive with my old tires. The sling mud everywhere and rip it up. I went through some georgia red clay a couple weeks ago leaving 3 foot treads and never even slowed down. They are great on wet roads, i would go as far as saying bettter than the stock tires that came with my truck. All in all i highly recommend the bfgs.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=5448

Old 03-20-2005, 08:33 PM
They are both good tires. They both perform fairly similarly overall in different conditions, but it sounds like for your uses, the Good Years would be better.

In any case, I would say get whichever one you can find cheaper, you'll be happy with either I would bet.

Old 03-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Hey Southern, how are your tires in the snow and ice? I've heard the BFG's are good in the deep/packed snow, but how about the light slush stuff?
I think Im going to go with the BFG MT a set of 285/70/17, because i can get them quicker,THATS really the only reason, unless you say your tires suck in light snow.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honestly, they are so close in performance, I too would recommend getting the one you can get the best price on.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
both are great tires i would agree with him^^^^ on this one

Old 03-21-2005, 12:07 PM
I would have to agree w/ everyone on this one. Both great tires as far as traction in mud and snow. I personally have 35" MTR's on mine and are very pleased w/ their performance on and off road. I can't really speak for the BFG's but the MTR's to me, are one of the best wearing tires especially as much as I drive on road. Also, for me, the MTR was considerably cheaper than the BFG's.

As far as pricing, I know I should say stay away from Wal-Mart But, you can get them to order MTR's. My 315's were $214 ea.

Trending Topics

Old 03-21-2005, 09:44 PM
I did get a chance to test them out in some pretty nasty slush. They did suprisingly well after all i heard. They outperformed my friend's dueler at;s which really suprised me. I would agree with everyone else, go for the price.. or convience if it is worth the little extra $ to have them quicker. They are extremely comparable tires.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Well thank guys im going with the BFGoodrich afterall. I found a place that can get them in a few days without shipping and handilg fees. So im going with them. I'll get them in a few days and after a few go arounds with them i'll get back to you all. Thanks for everything

Old 03-22-2005, 07:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 03-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Sorry i m kind of disagreed with you guys (my opinion and my experience) about BFG MT they sucks!

I went thru 5th BFG MT (flat, puncted hole etc) cuz the side wall is weak spot! and went with MTR and has zero problem...it only happened when off roading.

MTR is a bit better wear than BFG MT and best overall than all BUT BFG MT has a little better than MTR only is for muddy.

MTR is not mud tires.. its for rock off roading (mostly).

Most off roading uses MTR for completion champions etc.

I had 35" on my Jeep wrangler (daily driver) (sold) and i m planning to get MTR 305/70/17 for my truck 04 SCrew when i have money ( any one want to make some donation for me eh ??)

Later!
YOMAN!

Old 03-22-2005, 12:02 PM
No shipping

Hay Patriottruck, where did you find a tire site with no shipping fee's if you would post the site, or the name of the company, I and others would be Thankful.

Old 04-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Sorry it took so long for a reply. Ive been gone. But the place that I found the tires was a place that I live 45 minutes from. They said they would order the tires for me for 200 a piece with no shipping and handiling charges. It only took them a couple days and they installed them. It was NTB. National Tire and Battery.

By the way the tires work GREAT. already took them mudding and they were awsome. on the way to the mud (in the wet grass) they tore it up. I stepped on it and sent rooster tails 10 feet in the air. This was only in the semi-wet grass. They were even better in the mud! My 5-Speed looks great with them on and they showed up all my friends. I was quite impressed.

Quick Reply: BFGoodrich MT T/A KM vs. Goodyear Wrangler MT/R