Rear rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear rotors?

I have an 01 2wd with 4 wheel abs brakes. I got the front rotors replaced about 6 months ago, now the back ones need replacing. Every site I look at online only lists rotors as front, front right or front left. Can these also be used on the back of the truck? I want to do the job myself this time. 4 wheel abs seems like it would be the same braking system on all 4 wheels right?

Old 03-18-2005, 04:12 PM
No, the rear rotors ARE NOT the same as the front ones. In fact, they're smaller in diameter and narrower than the fronts. If you want a nice set of rear rotors, I recommend Brembo OEM's. You can find them here:
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resul...ium&x=114&y=10

That link is for a 4wd Supercrew. When I entered in your 2wd truck, only the front fitment came up. If you do in fact have 4 wheel discs from the factory, the 4wd rear rotors may fit your truck too, or tirerack's website may have some errors. When I put new rotors on my truck, tirerack was out of the rear Brembo OEM's, so I went to NAPA and got a set. They seem to be very good quality and have held up extremely well. If all else fails, you might give NAPA a call and see what they can come up with. As far as pads, I put Motorcraft OEM pads on the rear and am happy with that decision. Some people on this site swear by ceramic pads, but I opted to not go that route. Hope this helps.

-Craig

Old 03-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Thanks Craig! Actually, those are the rotors I was looking at. It sounds like a lot of people had good experiences with brembo. I had NAPA put on the front brakes when I got them done and I'm happy with those too, but the place that replaced them charged me way too much. I guess I'll just have to make some phone calls...Thanks again!

Last edited by Dkory22; 03-19-2005 at 04:38 AM.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:48 AM
The rear rotor is the same for all F150s (2WD and 4WD) that have a 5-lug setup. Just make sure you're getting the ones with 14mm lug holes (Brembo part # 27145 - for 11/99+ trucks, so if you searched for 2001 you're probably okay). And I agree Brembo brakes are great. From what I've heard PowerSlot uses Brembo blanks when making their slotted rotors. You can buy them at BuyBrakes.com cheap (under $200 for the pair) with free shipping. Brembo recommends using Hawk pads, which is also what I run with my PowerSlots. You can get those at the same site, or at TireRack.com.

Old 03-19-2005, 04:13 AM
Ohh I found the right Brembo rotors on buybrakes.com. They're the 14mm studs. Thanks ucfperspicere!

Last edited by Dkory22; 03-19-2005 at 04:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Rear rotors?