SQWEEK help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SQWEEK help

There is a slight sqweek coming from my front brake pads. The sqweek does not always happen, and it is never sustained. It might sqweek when the brake pedal is first pressed, and then it will go away by the time I come to a complete stop. It is just very annoying. I know when the pads are worn the metal strip causes sqweeking, but i really doubt it is already time for new pads. Anyone have any IDEAS how to fix this sqweek or what it might be.

thanks
Phil

Old 03-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a thought, but this might be just a minor noise caused by the wearing of the pads, possibly even because the rotors are slightly worn and there's a small gouge causing a little gap between the rotor and pad in a small vein, but nothing to worry about (yet). I'd take off the front wheels, spray everything down with brake cleaner, give it a once-over check. This is just to make sure your small noise isn't a warning of something bigger to come. If nothing seems wrong, just try to ignore the noise. It's nearly impossible to get a brake system, much less an entire vehicle, that doesn't make some small noises here and there in normal operation. As long as you have good braking power, that's the most important thing.

Edit: If you didn't use Disc Quiet or similar product (and maybe even new spring clips) when you installed the pads, this might be a minor noise from pad shifting. Try applying this compound and reinstalling the pads. If you do this, make sure you reinstall the pads in the same location as removed (inside/outside) and do a minor re-bedding process to reseat the pads.

Last edited by ucfperspicere; 03-10-2005 at 12:23 PM.

Quick Reply: SQWEEK help