anyone use wheel spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone use wheel spacers?

i'm talking about the cheap Mr. Gasket spacers? i just need to know how thick i can go and still have enough threads on my studs to be safe. i think 7/16" is as thick as i can get. anyway any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Your F150 uses hubcentric wheels. The center bore of the wheel pilots and centers the wheel on the hub / axle. You cannot use wheel spacers as the wheel will no longer be concentric with the hub (vibration). Also the wheel studs will now be overstressed and may fail. There may be some spacers available to maintain the hubcentric mounting.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:19 PM
i'm afraid you lost me on that one?? hubcentric wheels? what if they are not factory wheels? a 1/4" spacer is going to cause vibration in my wheel? i ran them on a toyota with no trouble, but i guess that wasnt a ford. anyway thanks

Old 03-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most aftermarket wheels are lug centric instead of hub centric like the factory wheels. I believe that Weld is the only aftermarket wheel that is hub centric. Lug centric means that acorn style lugnuts are used to center the wheel on the hub. Hub centric means that the hub fits into the large hole in the center of the wheel to center it.

Quick Reply: anyone use wheel spacers?