squeak when applying brakes (interior)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
squeak when applying brakes (interior)

anybody else havin' the squeak?

i hear it inside each time i apply pressure.

just got the truck out of the shop, they resurfaced the rotors and hooked me up with new pads (whole other story that i think many of you are familiar with), but the squeak is still there. they told me it was the hydrolic noise, but it's not. it just started happening about 1000 miles ago, and my truck only has 6,500 miles on it.

thoughts? thanks!

Old 02-11-2005, 12:20 AM
If the noise is coming from the floorboard area, it may be the booster rod squeaking at one of two points. The more likely being where it attaches to the brake pedal. The not so likely being where the rod enters into the booster. Hmmm, it could also be a bad booster. Internal problem, or something simple like a vacuum leak. Hard to diagnose w/o hearing it.

I would get a stethoscope and have a second person apply the brakes while the engine is running AND when it's off. Listen to the entire system starting at the pedal and work your way down the line, paying particular attention the booster and the ABS unit. Kind of odd, since it's so new. Post your results when you find the cause please. I'm kinda curious.

SL

Old 02-15-2005, 01:08 PM
snappy

hey man, thank you for the reply. you've given me some ammo to talk to the service dept at the dealership about the problem. i'll report their findings.

thanks.

Old 09-17-2005, 08:59 PM
This is coming 7 months later, but I did a Google search on the same problem with my 2001 F150 and found this post. Anyway, it mine sounds like it's coming from where the rod goes into the booster. Very irritating to say the least. Itried spraying some Liquid Wrench inside the boot, but it still makes the squeak. I'm beginning to think that it might be the booster itself.
If I find out anything more, I'll post it.

Old 09-18-2005, 10:28 PM
My brakes are making a sound that sounds like opening a old screen door when applying my brakes, it's not a steady sound, it comes with tire rotation. My brake man said he would take the caibur off and sand something and it should fix the problem. I am taking it to him tomorrow, I will let you know the outcome....I HATE THIS SOUND!!

Old 09-22-2005, 05:11 PM
I have the squeaking coming from the inside myself. It sounds like a rubber seal, haven't been able to track it down yet either. It's very annoying, though..

Old 10-28-2005, 09:45 AM
I wanted to bump this. Anyone else have this problem and properly diagnose it? I too have this noise and it is the booster. I have noticed that on really hot days it is worse. Is there a fix without replacing the booster?

Quick Reply: squeak when applying brakes (interior)