ABS light on

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ABS light on

I have an 01 supercrew with 90,000 kms. The abs light came on last month, figured it was time for new rear brakes, mechanic read the code and couldn't figure it out and called service manager and was told to check wire harness leading to module under the breather. That the wire is known to be corroded where it goes into the module. Can't replace just the wire, it's a sealed unit. The wire is red 10 gauge and solid green inside, now i know this didn't happen just in last 30,000kms. Talked to ford customer assistance and they confirmed through the dealer that yep that wire is bad but their not offering any assistance for this $700 plus part. Now I know I should have bought the extended service plan but it just didn't work that way when I purchased. The wife and I have owned 6or 7 fords and will probably buy again because we buy what we build. It just shows that Fords is not taking care of their many loyal customers. I'm mad , but know it is just typical, talking with other ford drivers about their problems and them dealing with their dealers and ford non-assistance. Have a nice day to see a photo of said wire use this link
https://www.f150online.com/galleries/mygallery.cfm?gnum=5343[/url]

Old 02-16-2005, 09:46 PM
My ABS light also came on. The dealership told me that it was a corroded wire and like you, the whole unit must be replaced. I have an extended warranty and believe it or not, it doesn't cover corroded wires. Therefore I am totally screwed!

Any ideas?

Old 02-17-2005, 12:26 AM
It was suggested to try to take the module apart and replace the wires. or try the bone yards and hope you get one thats not corroded. if they let you peel a little bit of insulation off to see if it's bad or good. Good luck

Quick Reply: ABS light on