4.6L swap (compatibility) Truck vs Car and years

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2022, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are all PI car 4.6 the same long block (car vs truck)

Hello everyone.... First post here.

I was hoping that someone can shed some light to my understanding of Long blocks for my 2003 Ford F150 4.6L (8th digit "W" Romeo) with a 4R70W transmission

I was able to find a used 2002 F150 (Romeo) with over 300k and know that would work, but I was offered a 2007 4.6L from a Crown Victoria that has been rebuild by Ford in 1/8/2015

RM7S-808-XA
Part# 7W7Z-6006-BARM
Supplier:FOTEF

Will it work for my truck if I used intake, exhaust manifold, timing cover, flexplate, torque converter, valve cover,A/C, P/S, Alternator, wiring harness, ECM, starter. Will it bolt up and what issue will I get into.

Anything different regarding the newer block and head? It seems like it has the PI heads which should work on the truck intake?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Last edited by icemans2001; 04-13-2022 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:02 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by icemans2001
Hello everyone.... First post here.

I was hoping that someone can shed some light to my understanding of Long blocks for my 2003 Ford F150 4.6L (8th digit "W" Romeo) with a 4R70W transmission

I was able to find a used 2002 F150 (Romeo) with over 300k and know that would work, but I was offered a 2007 4.6L from a Crown Victoria that has been rebuild by Ford in 1/8/2015

RM7S-808-XA
Part# 7W7Z-6006-BARM
Supplier:FOTEF

Will it work for my truck if I used intake, exhaust manifold, timing cover, flexplate, torque converter, valve cover,A/C, P/S, Alternator, wiring harness, ECM, starter. Will it bolt up and what issue will I get into.

Anything different regarding the newer block and head? It seems like it has the PI heads which should work on the truck intake?

Thanks in advance for any info!

should work

that motor has romeo heads, so I dunno which that one is supposed to be or what the other one was

Old 04-14-2022, 08:11 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Both those engines are PI, so your truck manifolds will work fine.

Old 04-15-2022, 02:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I would just note; you will.approach a Raptor(?) or Harley type, I would think. Better acceleration, but cams very ill suited for any engine lugging "truck" work. Less towing/hauling ability, except maybe for hauling a$&. Mayhaps the gurus could chime in.on this. As I understand it, truck cams lack valve timing overlap that cars, exp 'hotter' cars, tend to have. This lets exhaust gasses through for too great of extended times under heavy loads that a car suffers for only a few seconds, but a truck handles for even some minutes at times going up a grade, loaded,.or towing. So, maybe ideal if you are after a street rod chick-bait end result?

Old 04-17-2022, 11:20 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by BillSF9c
I would just note; you will.approach a Raptor(?) or Harley type, I would think. Better acceleration, but cams very ill suited for any engine lugging "truck" work. Less towing/hauling ability, except maybe for hauling a$&. Mayhaps the gurus could chime in.on this. As I understand it, truck cams lack valve timing overlap that cars, exp 'hotter' cars, tend to have. This lets exhaust gasses through for too great of extended times under heavy loads that a car suffers for only a few seconds, but a truck handles for even some minutes at times going up a grade, loaded,.or towing. So, maybe ideal if you are after a street rod chick-bait end result?

for starters way way way off topic

secondly welcome to 1997

Quick Reply: 4.6L swap (compatibility) Truck vs Car and years