New 5.4L 3V Ford re-manufactured engines

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 5.4L 3V Ford re-manufactured engines

I have an 08 150 with the 5.4L 3V motor, just this summer the original motor failed and the dealer replace this motor with a re-manufactured motor.
my question is; has anyone had any experience with these motors? I've been told the new motors have a one piece plug and any engineering issues / fixes to the motors have been applied to this motor, so how confident can I be about this new motor, if I keep service up...etc
thanks

Old 01-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
In October 9, 2007 for the YM 2008 5.4 3V engines, Ford changed the head design to the one piece spark plugs. More than likely that's what was in the truck originally. It's been my experience that the Ford remanufactured engines are as good as the factory fresh units. Most of the time they are near bulletproof but sometimes there's the lemon that comes out.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Labnerd ! I questioned the service guys, after doing my research I had plenty of questions and they assured me these engines are, as you said bullet proof, that assurance plus the 3 year unlimited mileage guarantee put my mind at ease. the wife on the other had wanted to crash the truck thru the dealerships front door when it croaked