2009 4.6 3v

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 4.6 3v

I have a 4.6 3V and im looking to get more power and ive been trying to find items like cams and intake manifolds or anything else that would give more power also quicker throttle response would be nice so far ive had no luck finding anything so please help I dont know much about ford motors i was raised driving chevys so thats what ive learned but i always think its better to learn new things.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:28 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Buy a SCT programmer and some custom tunes from one of the reputable mail order tuning shops. That will be money well spent and is virtually labor free to do. Cams and manifolds don't give you much return on the dollar.

Take a look around our programmers and tuning forum.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:45 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Zmac580
I have a 4.6 3V and im looking to get more power and ive been trying to find items like cams and intake manifolds or anything else that would give more power also quicker throttle response would be nice so far ive had no luck finding anything so please help I dont know much about ford motors i was raised driving chevys so thats what ive learned but i always think its better to learn new things.

Wellsir, ye dint specify a budget limit, so I'd recommend three thangs:

1. SCT flash programmer running custom tuning from MPT

http://www.morepowertuning.com/sct-7...ford-f150-4.6l.

This will remediate ye ETC throttle delay and a host of other driveability isssues (e.g. trans shifting) and add some decent power gains. Best single bang/buck mod you can buy.

2. Regearing

3. Forced Induction

I'd leave engine internals alone, unless/until yer power increases require changes. Same goes fer intakes and exhausts.

MGD

Old 01-09-2015, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys I see that the sct must be the best way to go but one other question what type of forced induction would be best because I hear turbo lag is horrible but supercharger takes just as long to grab good boost so what do you think? Also with forced induction wouldn't I have to atleast rebuild the bottom end of the motor?

Old 01-09-2015, 10:54 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
If you are looking for THAT much more power, trade the truck in for an Ecoboost!

Quick Reply: 2009 4.6 3v