'89 F250 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'89 F250 won't start

Hello Fordies;

I need help ....my ignition key was feeling a little muddy and now no start at all....in fact it seems stuck in park, and I get dash lights but on full turn it doesn't crank...the truck has a new ignition switch, starter, and solenoid and the rod from key tumbler seems to move freely and easily???Steering wheels off what next guys and gals....?....I'm stumped

Bob-noxious

Old 10-10-2014, 12:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the rod that connects the key tumbler to the ignition switch intact and not broken? If it is, is the ignition switch slid back far enough to engage the start position on the ignition switch?

Old 10-13-2014, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by masseyman
Is the rod that connects the key tumbler to the ignition switch intact and not broken? If it is, is the ignition switch slid back far enough to engage the start position on the ignition switch?
The rod appears intact and moves freely with key adjusting switch in or out seems to make no nevermind funny there is no springyness to key at full crank it doesn't bounce back like it used to??
Steering wheels off so I'm ready to figure this sucker out HELP

Old 10-15-2014, 01:00 PM
Hmmmmmm

Well I was able to start the rngine by jumping across the solinoid terminals and now I notice the shifter is stuck in Park with brakes applied it still won't move as i jerk it it feels like reverse is trying to engage????

Bobnoxious

Old 10-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll bet there's a solonoid that locks your shifter in park. Sorry I can't be more help than that, I'm not familiar with your exact truck.

Quick Reply: '89 F250 won't start