SES Light, Running Rough After Alternator Change

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SES Light, Running Rough After Alternator Change

Charge light came on this weekend. Tested battery voltage, wasn't charging. Took the alternator to Autozone, tested bad, so I replaced it. After I replaced it, everything seemed fine. This morning on my way to work the SES light came on and it was running really rough especially while accelerating. I also noticed that it lurched pretty bad when I put it in drive and the "overdrive off" light is always on and won't switch the overdrive back on.

I think it's got to have something to do with what I messed with while changing the alternator: neg battery terminal, air intake ducts/vacuum lines, drive belt tensioner and alternator wires. That's it.

I'm going to check all the air sensors and air intake ducts when I get home, but if anybody has any other ideas please let me know. I especially can't think of anything that would have to do with my overdrive....

Thanks,
CB

2001 4.6L SOHC V8 F-150 XLT Supercrew
4R70W Transmission

Old 09-08-2014, 12:34 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Why don't you simply pull the fault codes, then you'll know more about WHY the SES light is on and what the computer is complaining about instead of blindly stumbling around under the hood?

Old 09-08-2014, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll pull the codes when I can. I'm pretty sure it's going to tell me I'm running lean. I'm going to try cleaning the MAF first thing tonight. I just realized I may have gotten some carb cleaner on it while I had the duct out. Still not sure what's causing my o/d to stay off. Maybe a fuse has blown.....?

Last edited by cbmurdock; 09-08-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Quick Reply: SES Light, Running Rough After Alternator Change