2013 5.0 rough start and knocking help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 07:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 5.0 rough start and knocking help!

I've have had my 13 5.0 automatic back to the dealer 3 times because it has a rough cold start sometimes 3 times a week and knocks under light acceleration. The dealer told me in was a random misfire, then bad gas, then the last time in they said they replaced the pcv valve because it was leaking. I'm really shocked they haven't been able to fix it because they are a very large great dealer here in Ohio. This morning I had the rough start and the diesel sounding knocking on the freeway. I think it doesn't help the fact that Ford has issues with paying to fix vehicles that don't throw check engine codes and after my 2nd dealer trip I suspect they changed a range setting or something like that in the computer so the engine light doesn't come on. The first question from the service manager when I called was "Did the engine light come on?" Has anyone else had this issue or any suggestions I can suggest before I drive it thru the showroom window? I also use the same local gas station for two trucks and a car. Thanks a lot.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclonehank
I've have had my 13 5.0 automatic back to the dealer 3 times because it has a rough cold start sometimes 3 times a week and knocks under light acceleration. The dealer told me in was a random misfire, then bad gas, then the last time in they said they replaced the pcv valve because it was leaking. I'm really shocked they haven't been able to fix it because they are a very large great dealer here in Ohio. ...
cyclonehank,

Let me lend a hand. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll see how I can help.

Ashley

Old 05-16-2014, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ashley,
I'm giving them one more chance to fix it before I get Michigan involved.
I agreed to put another tank of fuel through it before they check it again. The truck is not throwing any codes. Thanks

Quick Reply: 2013 5.0 rough start and knocking help!