No spark on 351w

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No spark on 351w

I have a 351w and am not getting spark to the plugs. It has a pertronix Flame-thrower Dizzy. I have tried two new coils and replaced the module in the distributor. The distributor has never been run but it is a few years old.

I am getting spark to arc from the coil wire to the distributor but not out of the distributor at all. I am completely stumped and any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What year 351? Are you sure the tip of the rotor is good? What about the distributor cap?

Old 03-29-2014, 01:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If your getting spark from the coil and no spark to the wire the problem lies in the distributor. Could be the cap the rotor or the pertronix unit is not working.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the quick response and input. I don't remember the year, I do know the block and heads are different years. The cap and rotor are a few years old but have never been run.... I swapped the pertronix module for a new one and it didn't change anything. but since the coil is getting proper "signal" to fire I assume the unit is good. Pertronix customer support says the rotor is grounding out somewhere, but for the life of me, I cant see anything wrong.... I'm just afraid to drop the money on a new points style dizzy and have the same issue.

Quick Reply: No spark on 351w