Motor won't turn over after swap starter won't crank

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Shoot, -this one slipped my mind. That is until I took a look @ papa tigers diagram. Anyway, that range sensor has to be adjusted BY HAND correctly, - ur she won't start. It's been awhile since I fooled with one, if I recall, you adjust the range at the trans while watching for your reverse/back-up lights to activate. Then you tighten her up. Very easy to check and adjust accordingly, if need be.

That may or may not be the problem, -at this point it's worth a shot. You'll want to hunt down the correct procedure.

BTW, -I didn't see any "starter interrupt" circuit. Maybe those were weeded for that model year..

Old 11-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Suspended
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
^ X2, the simplest Ahhhhh Duh, out of adjustment or damaged. Can this help, 2004 heritage multi engines.

Last edited by papa tiger; 11-08-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got it

Old 11-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for the help so it wound up being the power supply to the starter the connection was loose recrimped a new fitting a viola started right up this has been the biggest headache I ever had for something so simple n I did check this wire multiple times and I still missed it but thanks again I appreciate everyone's input

Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Suspended
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Battery cables are a PITA. LOL

Old 11-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Great, Glad you found it. I had the 04 Workshop Manual up earlier and saved a few diagrams. I'll post them anyway as it may help another troubleshoot in the future.

Not sure if can see these well enough to read, Might be a little better than papa tigers ? Not sure, my eyeballs aren't what they use to be

Thought I'd post this pic just because. Because, I like that paint job on the F150. More so, the trucks using that scheme w/black on grey, charcoal and grey, etc.. Nothing wrong with the dark red or burgundy color either -

Battery Connects:

__________________________________________________ ___

Range Sensor info.

Yea, I've never had that tool to work with in the past. That's why I used reverse/backup lights to align when performing that procedure. But, here's the procedure w/tool:

__________________________________________________ _____

No Crank/No Start.

Just the first two pages from an 18 page PDF I grabbed earlier. Gives you some idea where to start so it will start, the PDF from the start -

Last edited by jbrew; 11-08-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Motor won't turn over after swap starter won't crank