50 mpg in the 1950's!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what about the 1970 dodge colt it got like 40 mpg. just never got out of its own way and ran its self over and died i guess?

Old 12-03-2010, 11:33 PM
My one teacher is doing this for his 4 banger mustang 2, with the steel plates and a battery and all that. It was proven false on mythbusters anyway. How are you suspposed to get a constant supply of hydrogen from a steel plate with only so much stored energy inside it and if you are using your battery to make hydrogen to run the engine the alternator will have to work harder decreasing power and gas mileage. Stupid.
My sisters hyundai gets 35 on the highway, I don't see it getting a whole lot better than that without a full hybrid.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I guess I've seen probably over 100 of these hydrogen generators and they all claim that they work........until we test them. There always seems to be a problem....like they never work. If you had bottled hydrogen, forget the generator, and then hooked it up to the engine, a modern computer controlled engine, there is ZERO improvement and in most cases a negative. In 100% of all the units I've seen, ALL, let me say that again, ALL units have yielded more, keyword MORE, air pollutants that now has the engine in a non certified condition. Frankly, it's not the fuel or the hydrogen that's the problem, it's the computer mapping and only one of these units that I'm aware of attempts to compensate for the added fuel. But that unit, in order to get EQUAL fuel mileage, is WAY out of bounds in NOx. Hydrogen or any form of hydrogen, hydroxy, or any form of the element will never be a fuel.

Now ya wanna talk power, fuel mileage and a ZERO emissions engine? Look to the headless engines where you have a single cylinder with 2 opposing pistons, 4 crankshafts and compression ratios in the thousands. These units run on biodiesel made from garbage. A single cylinder engine is capable of making well over 900 HP and run all day wide open using less than 25 gallons of fuel and you can run it in yer living room- there are zero carbon emissions. The only thing that comes out of the tailpipe is breathable air and a water mist. Unfortunately, you can't have it. Between big oil and that the Gov't has no way to tax you on the fuel that you make at home and the reduced amount of fuel used(read reduced tax income), you'll never see it.

Another technology you will never see although you as a taxpayer have already paid for the development is outer space solar power. NASA already has solar panels in space that are always in the sun making energy. It's sent to earth via microwave energy where it is converted to electricity. It's already working, no development time necessary...but you'll never see it. It's too cheap.

If you think there is an energy shortage, pick yer head up outa the sand. It's all about the power the big money and Gov't has over you. Think about that next time you put $50.00 worth of gas in yer tank.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Labnerd
Now ya wanna talk power, fuel mileage and a ZERO emissions engine? Look to the headless engines where you have a single cylinder with 2 opposing pistons, 4 crankshafts and compression ratios in the thousands. These units run on biodiesel made from garbage. A single cylinder engine is capable of making well over 900 HP and run all day wide open using less than 25 gallons of fuel and you can run it in yer living room- there are zero carbon emissions. The only thing that comes out of the tailpipe is breathable air and a water mist. Unfortunately, you can't have it. Between big oil and that the Gov't has no way to tax you on the fuel that you make at home and the reduced amount of fuel used(read reduced tax income), you'll never see it.
Where is the BS flag when you need it. Nothing is 100% efficient. You burn carbon fuel you will get carbon emissions.

Quick Reply: 50 mpg in the 1950's!