Water Crossover Gasket Replacement 00 F150

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You were correct, I had hoped for the best but it was cracked. I think the Dorman is made better anyway.

Old 06-29-2018, 01:53 AM
Cnncars

Originally Posted by DKirchmeier
I have this same leak I am trying to repair. My intake looks like this:

The leak is between the plastic and the metal on the passenger side. I also tried unsuccessfully to remove just the metal crossover. There does not appear to be a separate gasket that I can find. My intent was to remove it and use coolant sealant specific silicone gasket maker.

Does anybody have any ideas?
​​​​​​There is a gasket and it is an o ring u can repair it it takes alot longer than taking off the intake

Old 04-11-2021, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by DKirchmeier
I have this same leak I am trying to repair. My intake looks like this:

The leak is between the plastic and the metal on the passenger side. I also tried unsuccessfully to remove just the metal crossover. There does not appear to be a separate gasket that I can find. My intent was to remove it and use coolant sealant specific silicone gasket maker.

Does anybody have any ideas?
I just got left and rite o ring gaskets at parts store

Old 05-06-2021, 10:45 PM
Same leak as the original post

Originally Posted by Matthew Smalley
I just got left and rite o ring gaskets at parts store

This is the leak in the original thread. Its a metal on metal with an O-Ring to seal it. Its a simple fix but, yes you have to remove the olastic intake manifold, alternator etc.... To get to.

Old 11-22-2022, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by bkford
I have a coolant leak from the water crossover tube. I purchased gaskets, removed alternator and other obstructions to get a good view of the tube. I started to remove the tube and found it too difficult to reach one of the bolts (passenger side rear that is removed from underneath). I'm no mechanic, but it appears that the intake manifold will need to be removed to replace these gaskets. Does anyone know if this is the case and if there are other considerations to completing this project.

Any help is appreciated.
I drilled out took it down to the head of the bolt and slid a nut into plasce and bolted from the top quite easy!!

Quick Reply: Water Crossover Gasket Replacement 00 F150