Starting problem with 99 Expedition

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starting problem with 99 Expedition

I have a 99 Expy with the 5.4L V8. I just got the truck a couple mos ago and it has 148k on it.

I went to start my truck and the dash lights came on and I heard the fuel pump engage but when I went to start there was nothing (no clicking or anything and the dash lights went blank). I moved the gear selector from park to neutral with no changes. I thought I was going to be calling road service but then after trying it a few times it fired up with no issue.

This is the second time it has happened in the past month. The first time it was completely dead...no lights or anything. This time I had dash lights until turning the key but then they went blank.

When I got the truck it had a new battery and terminals. The only thing I can think of is a bad connection at the starter. I do have a rocker cover leaking on the passenger side of the engine that needs tended to but I hope to put that off until it warms up here. At that point I will do new plugs and COPs while I am in there.

Any other ideas?

Last edited by K-Mac Attack; 04-08-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:46 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
If your battery and alternator pass load tests, it has to be a corroded or loose connection somewhere.

Quick Reply: Starting problem with 99 Expedition