Timer Sert 5553 versus ATD 5400

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 12:43 PM
esf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Timer Sert 5553 versus ATD 5400

After a month long headache dealing with a third party warranty trying to get my Expedition fixed after ejecting a plug, I've ended up having to do it myself. I've seen a lot of good things about the Time Sert kit (5553) but have also come across another kit, the ATD 5400, which is half the cost of the Time Sert kit. I can't really find any information about it though. Here is a link to the kit.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Question

What year is your Expedition?

Old 12-22-2007, 02:45 PM
esf
Originally Posted by OVER_KILL
What year is your Expedition?
2002 w/5.4L

Old 12-22-2007, 03:07 PM
The ATD may be fine, I have never used it. One thing I like about it is the guide that comes with it to insure straight drilling. The thing I like about timesert (which I have used successfully) it the fact that I could go the their web site and read the instructions for using the kit BEFORE I bought it. That gave me some confidence in the tool, the method of repair and my ability to use the tool. You should also check out the Time Sert web site to read the part about some heads having production changes. Time sert has a tool in their kit to accomodate the production changes. Does ATD have this? However, you may not need the additional tool, I didn't, but at the time I installed mine, there was no sure way to know before hand. I have confidence in the Time Sert. The ATD seems like a pig-in-a-poke. They should post more information on their web site. Good luck with whatever you use. Please let us know how you come out.

Quick Reply: Timer Sert 5553 versus ATD 5400