2 warranty questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 06:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 warranty questions.

Just 2 quick ones:

Does anyone know if the factory warranty covers valve cover gromets from leaking? I noticed one is leaking on my 05' and wasn't sure if I should fix it myself, or let the dealership do it.

Also, I've seen threads about this but I can't turn one up with the search function... When driving in traffic, if I let off the gas, then re-apply gas, I get like a knocking sensation in my drivetrain, was wondering if anyone had some info on this and if this is something that is possibly covered?

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Define leaking? If it's just some residue around the grommets, in Ford's book that's not a leak. If it's not dripping, it's not leaking, and the dealership shouldn't attempt to fix it.

As far as your clunking goes, the driveshaft slip yoke is probably binding up. It's a common problem, and should be covered under your 3/36 warranty.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Quintin
Define leaking? If it's just some residue around the grommets, in Ford's book that's not a leak. If it's not dripping, it's not leaking, and the dealership shouldn't attempt to fix it.

As far as your clunking goes, the driveshaft slip yoke is probably binding up. It's a common problem, and should be covered under your 3/36 warranty.
Both agreed but I would like to also comment that the squeaking wheel always gets the grease... if you keep your engine compartment clean and that "leak" is present you can bitch up a storm and 9.9/10 the service manager will make the call to keep the customer happy and just do the warranty work.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Its not dripping, but thats because its in the pocket where the bolt is... but there is definatly a small pool of oil there, and I think it should be fixed.

As for the yoke problem, does anyone know about how long it would take them to fix it? I'm planning on bringing the truck and nailing three things down:

1.) The valve gromet leak
2.) The clunking yoke
3.) Going to try and get a reflash of the PCM to increase throttle response (I've read threads that state it can make a big difference on the 05's, of course I'm going to say its due to safty though )

Old 09-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by shaunakadub
Its not dripping, but thats because its in the pocket where the bolt is... but there is definatly a small pool of oil there, and I think it should be fixed.

As for the yoke problem, does anyone know about how long it would take them to fix it? I'm planning on bringing the truck and nailing three things down:

1.) The valve gromet leak
2.) The clunking yoke
3.) Going to try and get a reflash of the PCM to increase throttle response (I've read threads that state it can make a big difference on the 05's, of course I'm going to say its due to safty though )
depends on what they do... if they grease the yoke it'll take ~ 30.5 minutes... if they replace the driveshaft it'll take ~ 30 minutes

Quick Reply: 2 warranty questions.