Go Back   F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > V8 Engines
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 04-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2000 Ford F150
125,000 mile maintenance

I'm approaching 125,00 miles on my truck. what maintenance should i do?
i replaced the plugs as 100,000. thats about all i've done.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2008 ford 150
maybye checkout the coolant condition, fuel filter,air filter. check all hoses. basically keep a close eye on everything. dont forget trans fluid .
Old 04-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2008 F-150 Lariat
I'm wondering the same as my 2000 F150 is ~1k away from 100,000. How many miles on transfer case fluid? And front and rear diff fluids? How's the serpentine belt look? Front end components in good condition? If 4x4, CV joint boots in good condition?
Old 04-20-2007, 01:50 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1997 Ford F-150
Send a message via ICQ to Pickup Man Send a message via Yahoo to Pickup Man
MAKE SURE and keep an eye on that coolant, regardless of the mileage, because at 70,000, my 97 4.6 blew a heater hose due to rust in the coolant (from just age), and this particulat hose was metal and ran under the intake manifold to the back of the water pump, and the whole top of the motor had to come off to change it. Then, after driving over 60 miles to three different Ford dealers, I finally found one that could get the part for me, and when I got back to the garage, it wasn't right, and my mechanic (a very good friend of mine whom I trust VERY much) had to kind of "fashion" the right hose out of the one that I got from Ford. This was a hassle, and really sidelined me for a while as I tried to save up enough for the tow bill (70 miles) and then for the labor of taking the thing apart and putting it back together. On the good side of this, the motor looked like it had less than 10,000 miles on it, Mobil 1 baby!!!
Also, I would check the plugs and wires, fuel filter, air filter, take a look at the ball joints, tie rod ends and I'd also have it checked to see what was up with the alignment. Happy truckin'!
Old 04-20-2007, 01:50 AM