Help cop question

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help cop question

Hi all great site:}

I recently bought a 00 f150 supercab with the 5.4
and today I noticed it was running kinda rough, this started then it went away then a few hours later it did it again and the check engine light came on so I went to the local AZ and pulled the codes and it said that #6 plug and #8 plug was misfiring so I checked the cop's and the #8COP was loose the 7mm bolt that holds the cop down was not tight at all so i tightened it and now it seems to be ok and the #6 was ok when I checked it,

so would the number 8 plug's cop being loose cause the #6 to misfire and what could of gotten hurt from the cop on the #8 being loose like that?

Ive had this truck a week today and im starting to wonder if i got a lemon.

Thanks
Maxon

Old 02-17-2007, 09:19 PM
I just took it for a test drive after I checked and made sure all the cop's where tight, and the check engine light went away so Im guessing I fixed it.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:11 AM
My Stepdad's 99 5.4 4x4 Lariat had the same problem. All I did was make sure they were tightened down because one of them was ruined.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Ok this morning I decided to check the passenger side, and the plug closest to the firewall dosent have a screw holding down the cop, so I went and found a match and tried to replace the missing screw but come to find out it is broke off inside the hole.. So now how am i gonna fix this?

Has anyone had this problem b4?

Thanks
Maxon

Quick Reply: Help cop question