I knocked the wire loose from oil sending unit on...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knocked the wire loose from oil sending unit on...

my 2001 5.4 liter 4x4 SuperCrew when changing the oil recently. Yeah I know the "guage" operates more like an idiot light in that it either reads in the center of the guage or like mine it just doesn't register. I know the sending unit is somewhere near the oil filter because I'm pretty sure I knocked it off while taking off or putting in the oil filter. Please help! Thanks, Lance.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:15 PM
The oil pressure sending unit is located just above the oil filter, about an inch or so. You may need to replace the unit itself. When it's cold outside my gauge will register 0 then jump back up to normal, a few times. I need to change out the sensor. I think they're only like $15 at the parts store.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Ultra_Miner
The oil pressure sending unit is located just above the oil filter, about an inch or so. You may need to replace the unit itself. When it's cold outside my gauge will register 0 then jump back up to normal, a few times. I need to change out the sensor. I think they're only like $15 at the parts store.

Yeah thanks, I just need to hook the wire back up and wasn't sure where the sending unit was located. Thanks again

Quick Reply: I knocked the wire loose from oil sending unit on...