Q for the pc geeks - cd based repair manual

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q for the pc geeks - cd based repair manual

I got a copy of the cd, and it seems to work ok, though a little "goofy" in the way it is setup. Anyhow....

Just wondering if anyone has figured out how to load the "data" onto the harddrive so you don't have to always have the cd? Be nice to just load 'er up and do it!

There is an ini file in the directory that the install program creates that seems to be telling the main program where to find the data. I've tried to edit it and tell it to look on the harddrive, but for the life of me I can't quite figure out how to give it the right path.

Any help from fellow computer geeks is appreciated

Old 02-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this a Ford cd, Alldata, Mitchell, or what?

Old 02-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Ford cd - service manual

I know a lot of folks have gotten the cd. Just wondering if anyone tried to install the data portion onto the harddrive and how they might have done it.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:37 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
If you can't get a better answer, you could probably install Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% and set up a virtual drive - then copy the CD to the virtual drive and install it from there. I would think that this would point Windows to the right place to read the data.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/
http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

Old 02-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Use a Virtual Drive application. It won't work any other way except, perhaps, ti put in a separate drive partition identifiable by a drive letter.

I need more availble drive letters to hold my complete library of CDs and DVDs that I like to keep online.

Steve

Last edited by projectSHO89; 02-07-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:40 AM
How about modifying the ini file?

the ini file that points the application to the data location is just a text file. Seems like I am missing something in my attempt to edit it and point to the local directory. The install program creates a path to d:~ blahblahblah. Wondering why it doesn't work when i change it to c:\ts0~ or anything like that. it seems to stop looking at "C", and gives the message that the data was expected at "C" (no other parameters on path) and won't allow you to browse to the location.

Just trying for a simple fix

Quick Reply: Q for the pc geeks - cd based repair manual