NOS and other under the hood mods.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile NOS and other under the hood mods.

Hello,

I have a 2004 F-150 4x4 and I want to put some after market modifications on it such as a supercharger or nitrous oxide, as well as potentially swapping out rods, pistons, etc. for forged components.

Living in California, I was advised against such. I was told that even if your components or systems have OE Carb stickers proving that they are CA/50-state legal, a smog center would fail you because they are not the original components from the manufacturer.

However, I am curious as to what the cost is to upgrade to forged pistons and rods, difficulty installing such, pulling an engine out, the time to install such components, and put the engine back in.

I am also having a hard time finding a local shop that would bore out my engine. Is that very expensive?

Are there any recommendations for NOS systems that are better suited for F-150's. I want to modify my vehicle's engine to reach about 600hp and 600+ft/lbs of torque without damaging it.

Lastly, at how many miles should you not install things like superchargers and NOS? I have heard of people installing them on engines with 100K+ miles. Thank you.

Quick Reply: NOS and other under the hood mods.