Where is A/C accumulator on 2000 F150 4.6L?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is A/C accumulator on 2000 F150 4.6L?

I see previous postings about a wire laying on the A/C accumulator and causing the engine to run rough. Mine shudders violently as you try to accelerate. If you step hard into the pedal it will work right throught the shudder and smooth out at higher RPM's. However, as soon as you let off and try to get back into it, it shudders like crazy. Can anyone advise as to what this could be?

Yes, my service engine light is on and I will be stopping this evening to have the code checked. About six months ago this same thing happened and the code said something about #7 fuel injector misfire. It somehow just quit doing it right after we checked the codes and messed around with the fuel injector connector. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
It's that canistor behind the trans dipstick , it has a big black collar around it.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Thanks JBrew!

I've always called those a Receiver-Dryer. I am going to try moving the wires and see if that does it - that would be fantastic! I wasn't able to find any information on how to remove the fuel injectors. Do you have any pointers on that, if it comes to that?

Old 12-01-2006, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by RoySomebody
I've always called those a Receiver-Dryer. I am going to try moving the wires and see if that does it - that would be fantastic! I wasn't able to find any information on how to remove the fuel injectors. Do you have any pointers on that, if it comes to that?

Fuel injectors ? that's easy , just take the rail loose -4 bolts , unplug injector from harness wire and the only thing holding is the rubber O-rings on both ends. You can just pull them off the rail and from the manifold . nothin to it really..

Old 12-02-2006, 02:40 PM
Receiver/dryer or whatever you want to call it, on previous cars I always had a sight glass so you could see if there was the right amount of gas in the a/c system, my truck's a '92 - do they/did they have a sight glass? If so, I haven't seen one on the system which looks different from any a/c I've seen...

Last edited by pjb999@yahoo.co; 12-02-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by pjb999@yahoo.co
Receiver/dryer or whatever you want to call it, on previous cars I always had a sight glass so you could see if there was the right amount of gas in the a/c system, my truck's a '92 - do they/did they have a sight glass? If so, I haven't seen one on the system which looks different from any a/c I've seen...

Lookup posts by JMC , he has a cool mod for that. One like my Ingersol/rand compressor has lol.

Quick Reply: Where is A/C accumulator on 2000 F150 4.6L?