Go Back   F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > V8 Engines
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read VendorsGarage

Old 01-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1995 Ford F150
Pushrod Cover

Hi. I have a leak that appears to be coming from the pushrod cover on my 95 f150 4.9l. Has anyone had experience with this? Is the gasket difficult to replace? What needs to be done?
Old 01-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1995 Ford F150
Very common, and super simple. Buy a replacement gasket, remove the cover, remove the old gasket, and install the new gasket. It's just that simple. The only other thing I'd reccommend is using Gasgacinch to hold the gasket in place.

My F-150 Gallery

'95 Eddie Bauer F-150 SC SB / 4.9L / 5spd / 3.55 LS / K&N FIPK w/ Ram Air / JET / Crane / Taylor / Comp Cams / Edelbrock RPM / Hurst / Add-A-Leaf / Bilstein / Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 31x10.5R15's / Auto Meter Sport Comp Vac, Volt, Water, Oil & Fuel PSI / K.C. / Optima Yellow / Alpine / Apple / Toshiba / Boston Acoustics / Polk / Bazooka / And more...
Old 01-31-2006, 02:24 PM
2010 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2010 Ford F150
As mentioned, this is quite common. Especially when a little leak is noticed, and the ensuing attempt to stop it. Usually, the bolts are tightened too much, and the gasket is destroyed, and the cover may have been distorted. Check the cover on a flat surface before replacing on a new gasket.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:24 PM