#4 misfire

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
#4 misfire

I have a 97' F-150 4.2, it's misfiring and has low fuel pressure, it starts rough in the morning but runs fine until it heats up or I shut it off then start it again then it misses horribly, if I keep driving it cuz I have to it progressively gets worse, the codes are #4 misfire/ lean, I've changed plugs/wires with motorcraft parts, bank 2 catalytic converter, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, MAF, it has no vacuum leaks that I can find, I've had motor smoked with no leaks, I've had coil tested and that's fine, plugs are dry when I shut it off, and there's no coolant leaks on motor, I've unplugged #4 injector with it running and plugged it back in and can hear the difference in the idle so that's working, I also took the valve cover off and checked the springs and after all that it's still the same so I'm stumped, any suggestions? It has 165k on it

Old 09-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Move the number 4 fuel injector and the spark plug to another cylinder to see if the miss moves. My guess is that you may have a stuck open or partially clogged fuel injector. If number 4 is still bad after moving the plug and injector a compression test is next.

Quick Reply: #4 misfire