oil can catch

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oil can catch

I've seen some threads on this, seems popular for turbo engines. Why not just run the pcv line down to drain on the ground? I know this isn't the cleanest option but I'm not so sure about putting that back into the intake to dirty the motor? Other than making the streets dirty, what would this hurt?

Old 02-04-2014, 01:47 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
It won't run right. Today's engines are designed to run with closed crankcases. There haven't been road draft tubes on engines for 50 years.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
It won't run right. Today's engines are designed to run with closed crankcases. There haven't been road draft tubes on engines for 50 years.
Are you sure? I've researched this on other turbo forums, honda, mazda, toyota and vw. There are threads on all these forums in the turbo section where people are running the hose down to dump on the ground. Several has stated that they have longer oil change intervals because the oil stays cleaner longer because all that junk isnt recirculated in.

My question is would this work on the ecoboost? Where its located I dont see where it would hit anything electronic where it would throw a code or not run right.

Quick Reply: oil can catch