EcoBoost problems correlated to build dates...?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EcoBoost problems correlated to build dates...?

Hi everyone. Let me start by saying I have a 2011 Fx4 crew with the EcoBoost. I currently have 16,000 miles after one year and two months of ownership. I ordered my truck from my dealer in February '11 and took delivery June 1st. My truck was supposed to be built in Dearborn, but about a month in was then scheduled in Kansas City. Since day one, I have had nothing but good things to say about my truck,engine, and tranny. My truck is smooth, strong, quiet, and has always been this way. I keep up with this site, as well as others, so that I stay in "the know". Most recently I visited the EcoBoost forum site that member Labnerd suggested on here. Through all of my observations, it seems like most, if not all EcoBoost problems are in 2011 models. (F150s only). I'm wondering if the temporary shut down of Dearborn is related to all these problems. Anyone that has kept up with the EcoBoost on this site knows that taking delivery of ordered trucks in mid 2011 took forever. Trucks were actually sent back into the plant after being built . Trucks sat in the plant lots for months...some trucks were never delivered. Is it possible that EcoBoost F150s from Dearborn built late 2010 to mid 2011 are the ones with the serious problems?

Old 08-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Subscribed! I just got my Ecoboost two days ago.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by F150 Man 4Eva
Hi everyone. Let me start by saying I have a 2011 Fx4 crew with the EcoBoost. I currently have 16,000 miles after one year and two months of ownership. I ordered my truck from my dealer in February '11 and took delivery June 1st. My truck was supposed to be built in Dearborn, but about a month in was then scheduled in Kansas City. Since day one, I have had nothing but good things to say about my truck,engine, and tranny. My truck is smooth, strong, quiet, and has always been this way. I keep up with this site, as well as others, so that I stay in "the know". Most recently I visited the EcoBoost forum site that member Labnerd suggested on here. Through all of my observations, it seems like most, if not all EcoBoost problems are in 2011 models. (F150s only). I'm wondering if the temporary shut down of Dearborn is related to all these problems. Anyone that has kept up with the EcoBoost on this site knows that taking delivery of ordered trucks in mid 2011 took forever. Trucks were actually sent back into the plant after being built . Trucks sat in the plant lots for months...some trucks were never delivered. Is it possible that EcoBoost F150s from Dearborn built late 2010 to mid 2011 are the ones with the serious problems?
I Ordered my 150 ecoboost in dec.2010 and took possession Feb. 3 2011... It was built at the dearborn plant and it has 26000 kms... still no problems, love the truck

Old 08-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I ordered mine in January of 2011 and took delivery in early April. The truck reached the dealer in March but I was out of the country and could not pick it up. It was built in Dearborn and has not had a bit of trouble. I always take some of the internet problems with a whole shaker of salt. There is a ton on e-hypochondriacs out there.

Quick Reply: EcoBoost problems correlated to build dates...?