Kelly Blue Book

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-1999, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are the facts (trust me, I know)..when dealers buy, they use Black Book (lower prices based on auction results and updated weekly). When dealers sell, they use NADA Gold Book (somewhat higher, more values, and updated monthly). Virtually no one used Kelly Blue Book for acutal buying and selling. If you are trading with a dealer, try to find a Black Book to get a realistic idea of what the dealer will offer. This will tell you if you need to sell it yourself, or face the very real possibility of being hosed by a dealer.

If you are dealing with an insurance company on a total loss, get the RETAIL values from all three and either average them or ask for the middle value.

Trust me..I know!

Old 11-05-1999, 11:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

3books = 3ways for a dealer to screw you!

Old 02-18-2000, 07:48 PM
Old 03-06-2000, 09:45 PM
Lightbulb

I work with a lot of dealerships and I have personally seen where the used car amnager breaks out the NADA book to assess the customer's trade. Then when they go to write up the price for the customer they break out the Kelly Blue Book to value the vehicle the customer wants to buy. The KBB is always high. NADA is commonly lower.

Quick Reply: Kelly Blue Book