2011 F150 XLT supercab 5.0 6 speed transmission

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 F150 XLT supercab 5.0 6 speed transmission

Hello everyone, I am new In this forum, since I like doing myself mechanics ( No wonder why, my father show me how to do my changer a starter on my first car when I was 16 on a Ford Topas), now I am 32.

First I have to show a big appreciation on the people who take time and show how to fix problem with pictures and a organize procedure so everyone else like me can learn and go forward with any issue on the car. THANK YOU for the good advice!!!
3 days ago I change the fluid and filter as well and making a draining plug in a machine shop ( so next time I won't have to do a mess) with all the procedure as fallow and after putting all together I started the car and was whining, you know how we are. I start looking here and there and so on and so forth... some were saying the oil pump, the clogged filter, oem filter, the torque converter ... that... and more that...

The solution was to do everything again with one thing different thing

- took the filter and the soaking tube of it I trimmed up as the oem... that was the problem....
- I put a paper towel inside the filter so I can make sure that the debris while I cut won't go inside...
- clean and install...

Transmission shift smooth and quietly

According to fluid mechanic... the same inlet must be for the outlet or if not anyhow will have the same amount of fluid in the outlet at the higher pressure rate ( the one goes to the oil pump and the to the torque converter). But, it would be a higher pressure stress when the inlet of the filter is almost touching the base of the oil pan... therefore a stress landing on such whining noise every time the pressure goes high for shifting...

Let be calm and think that sometimes like in this case Ford is taking care more of the shareholders than it's customer...

No is not the transmission is bad, the planetary or what ever thing they may say at the shop just because the first and ultimate of most places is make up the customer ( take care of us while they take the most out of us)...

Quick Reply: 2011 F150 XLT supercab 5.0 6 speed transmission