4WD issue!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4WD issue!!

Hi guys
Firstly, I'm glad to be here

Secondly, I have 2005 F-150 XLT - electric transfer case
This issue started when I went off-road, I engaged 4H and stress the truck; That was three years ago. Since then, suddenly 4WD didn't work fine (it took several seconds to be engaged and sometimes I need to switch it on and off again until it engage), so I went to an electrician, and he found that two fuses were blown –fuses# 111, and #106-, after replacing that made it work for few weeks. So, I used to change fuses if 4WD didn't work; After few months this way didn't work and I do not know why! After a hundred of stocks in sand, I figure out that every new fuse that I replace will be blown!!
I still do not know what the problem is!
Has this problem happened with any of you guys, please help me!!

Last edited by qqq333; 08-29-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:03 PM
Anyone?!!! I posted this just to see how many views will I get, no I'm just kidding
I will figure it out and I will tell you when I fix it!
Thanks for the viewers

Old 08-19-2014, 11:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Proper sentence structure, punctuation and spelling is your friend. You might want to try proof reading what you typed and edit it if you can. With that said.... I am not sure what you are asking.

From what I can understand of your post, something in the 4wd system is popping fuses. All I can suggest is see if you can pull diagnostic trouble codes. If codes are present follow the proper diagnosis for those codes. If no codes are present, start digging into the electrical circuit(s) that the fuses keep blowing on. maybe inspect the 4wd actuator motor mounted on the T-case (loose/broken wires, harness not routed correctly, etc)

Old 08-29-2014, 05:04 PM
Thanks mitymerc , I appreciate your help.
After spending too much time trying to figure out what the problem is, It turns out to be a matter of fuse!!
Fuse# 111 was the problem.

Quick Reply: 4WD issue!!