Skipping 2nd gear

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipping 2nd gear

Ok so I have a 2004 F150 FX4 New body, with a 5.4L I currently have 111,000 miles on it. I just move form the east coast all the way to the west coast while pulling a heavy trailer with all my house hold goods. I have a Edge CT programmer and had it on the level 2 Tow tune, the whole way. after I got here, and unloaded everything I noticed the engine acting funny, and to my stupidity, i was low on oil. so i topped it off, and then i noticed that the transmission was acting funny. it wasnt shifting right. so i tuned it back to a stock tune on the edge programmer, and it was still acting funny. after tring to figure it out, the only thing i can come up with is that its not shifting into 2nd gear at all, it goes from 1st to 3rd, and it also shifts into 4th and overdrive early. the tranny fluid is full at hot and cold, and its still pink as the day i changed it. iv added Lucus transmission fluid to see if that would help but its still doing it. The biggest thing that im upset about is right after i bought the truck, the transmission locked up on my, and i had it completely rebuilt all brand new guts inside the transmission. at about 75,000 miles. now im 3000 miles away from the shop that did the work. and they were a trusted shop of some frineds of mine and came highly recommanded. so im pretty sure it dosent have anything to do with what they did. But i need to know whats going on and would really like some help here becasue i dont want to have to pay for another complete rebuild, i just dont have the money for that. and i need my truck for work.

Quick Reply: Skipping 2nd gear